Indian National Scholarship Portal has Opened for the session 2016-17. Those students who need some financial aid from government of India can avail scholarship as per your category. I know getting scholarships especially in India is quite a long process and have a chance of 40% according to me. There are many factors which are responsible for cancellation of scholarships. Factors such as lack of knowledge about the documents needed, where to submit and fill application form, wrong bank details, corruption in department etc. Thats why I am here to guide you to how to avail scholarship with 100% corrected and tested and proved method. You can also see Types of Scholarships 2016-17.
Scope of the Scholarship Scheme : As the authorities the scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Terms & Conditions for Scholarships
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakhs. Unlike scholarship for SC and ST, there are a fixed number of scholarships for minorities and hence preference for selection has been laid down. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination. Scholarship will not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain Certificate/Degree/M. Phil Degree/Doctorate Degree.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
- Migration of students from one Institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of the academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- Scholarships will not be given to more than two students in a family.
- If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- Course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance will be credited directly to the student’s bank account.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration will maintain a separate account and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The State Government/ Union Territory Administration shall constitute a Committee of the departments implementing such scholarship schemes to ensure that the students from the minority community, who may also belong to SC/ST/OBC category, does not avail scholarship from other sources for the same purpose and avail only from one source.
Application Procedure (Online)
Those students who are eligible according to the conditions which are mentioned above can apply online at National Scholarship Portal. It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website of this Ministry i.e.
Applying procedures for Scholarship Schemes for both Fresh and Renewal are as follows:
For Fresh Application :
- Student have to go with the option Student Login, on the home page of National Scholarships Portal.
- Fill up the application as per the instructions given by the system then click on save button.
- After saving, student will get a “Temporary ID”. The system will instruct the applicant to submit his/her Temporary ID and date of birth to fill subsequent details.
- Once registration is complete on click of submit button, a Permanent Registration ID is generated which can be used for Renewal and tracking the status of application.
For Renewal Application :
- Students who are renewing the application have to apply with their Bank Account No. and Date of Birth which they registered previous year.
- For renewal you have to got to Renewal Page. Student can also use Forgot Registration ID to retrieve their ID.
|The list of mandatory documents to be scanned & uploaded for both Fresh and Renewal Scholarships as under:|
As I have already specified that the objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability. My advice to you is to stay updated with the news from main source or from whom who had already availed scholarship in past (experienced person). Don’t ask those who don’t have correct information, we know in India every person has his own advice. For more query you can ask me here, I am always available for those who needs me.